Couples interested in submitting their wedding announcement to Kansas Weddings Magazine Register can do so by clicking forward to the Wedding Announcement Submission Form.
We are accepting one-page announcements of weddings that occurred in 2016 and 2017. The announcement comprises of three images and a 400-500 story of your wedding.
- 1-3 vertical high-resolution digital image
- 2-6 horizontal high-resolution digital images
- Write-up of 400-500 words
- The announcement format requires the exact number and orientation of photos as shown above.
- To be considered high-resolution, images should be at least 300 dpi at about 5 x 7 inches.
- Obtain digital photos from your photographer; do not scan from prints, and do not use low-resolution digital previews.
- Write-ups that are too long will be cut at our discretion, so it’s best to stay within the word count. Double-check all name spellings.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to submit materials via mail.
Click below to see a sample announcement and instructions for an announcement write-up.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is Kansas Weddings Magazine published? The Kansas Weddings Magazine is published in November. It is mailed to registrants the third week of November. It will also be shipped to vendors, newsstands and various wedding outlets across Kansas.
- Can anyone be in Kansas Weddings Magazine? In the Register, yes. Anyone who purchases a page and submits the required materials by the final deadline, October 1 will be included in the Wedding Announcement Register section of the 2018 edition of Kansas Weddings Magazine.
- What materials do I need to submit? A list of required materials and the Announcement Submission Form can be found at www.kansasweddingsmagazine.com under the “Wedding Register” tab. We are accepting one-page announcements that include one vertical image and two horizontal images. The announcement must be between 400-500 words.
- What does the Announcement cost? The one-page announcement is $395. The two-page announcement is $595. Final deadline is October 1, 2017.
- Can I send in my payment first and materials later? Sorry, but no. All materials MUST be sent in together. This is to avoid the confusion that would occur if the hundreds of CDs and DVDs we receive came in separately from their registration forms.
- Can I email my photos and/or my write up? Unfortunately, no. We receive such large files and so many of them that it would be impossible for our inbox to handle them all.
- How do I figure the word-count of my write-up, and what happens if it’s too long? Word-processing programs have a word count tool, which should be used to determine word count. Write ups that are too long to fit into the format will be cut at our discretion, so try to stay within the range, 400-500 for a one-page announcement.
- What constitutes a “high-resolution” digital photo? Rest assured, your photographer will know what type of files to give you. But in a nutshell, the photos need to be at least 300 dpi (dots per inch) at about 5” x 7.” Do not send low-resolution digital previews, and do not send prints or scans of prints. It is worth the effort to get digital photos from your photographer. You will be much happier with the print quality.
- How do I upload the digital materials? Through the Announcement Submission Form.
- The final deadline is October 1, but my wedding is after that. Will I have to wait until the following year to submit my wedding? Yes. But don’t worry, you won’t be the only one. Most wedding photographers need time to turn around the photographs.
- Will my materials be used in any other publications? No. You and your photographer are granting information to Sunflower Publishing to include your submitted material in the Kansas Weddings Magazine. The material will appear in the print and online edition, and possibly for promotional use of the magazine.
- Will I get a proof of my page before it prints? Unfortunately, the large number of pages we have to produce prohibits us from providing a proof before the issue goes to press. If we see a need to fact check, we will contact you directly.
- Will I get a copy of Kansas Weddings Magazine? Yes, each registry will receive 2 complimentary copies. Additional copies may be purchased online via our website or on the newsstand.
- What about the cover? Can I submit photos for that as well? Since the magazine includes editorial content, we are leaving the decision for a cover up to our art director. However, we will consider all images for the cover, including those submitted.
- Does my wedding have to have taken place in Kansas to be chosen for a feature? No. We assume that all of our couples have some sort of connection to Kansas. Anyone who submits will be considered on the merits of their photos and not excluded because of their hometown or the location of their wedding.